Tuesday, June 16, 2009

oopps... sorry Floyd

To quote Zig Ziglar, "People often say that motivation doesn't last. Well, neither does bathing - that's why we recommend it daily."

I read that today and I couldn’t help but find it interesting. Yes, I know, I am supposed to be finishing the “big bang” story, but like I said, I can get to it when I have nothing new to say...lol.

As you can probably imagine, I am learning a lot about energy these days and how it relates not only to our physical health but to our mental well being, and surrounding yourself with people who have a positive outlook on life in general is pretty important to maintaining your own positive outlook.

I can’t even count the number of people who have contacted me and commented on my positive attitude through all of this. As I said to a colleague today, “Having a good prognosis certainly helps in keeping a positive attitude, and besides there wouldn’t be much point in spending my last days being miserable even if my chances of success were slim.” It is the good attitude of those around me and the positive thoughts of those who have contacted me, which keeps me in positive spirits.

A positive attitude is no different than laughter or a negative attitude for that matter... it is contagious. Generally people want to feel good, I know I do and I can tell you on the day they told me about my new little buddy Achmed, I really didn’t. In fact, if it had been raining that day I don’t know how long it would have taken me to snap out of my shock, denial and anger... which are all things that will lead you to a bad attitude. One of the first things that went through my head when I started to realize what was going on... (which was actually not for several hours when it all sunk in) was that I don’t deserve this but I know dozens of people who do, so why me? It was certainly not my finest moment, whishing this on someone else to save me the inconvenience.

So, part of me thanks the weatherman for my rosey outlook on all of this, a lot of me thanks science and their ability to fix me, and a really big part of me thanks Greg and Floyd... the two guys who I don’t really know, I just play hockey with... in fact, anyone who actually witnessed what I did to Floyd after he knocked me on my head and made me pass out, will probably tell you I owe him not only a huge apology, but a massive debt of gratitude and possibly a turkey for Christmas or a case of beer or something. So, if you are reading this Floyd, I am sorry I flattened you after you knocked me over... but that doesn’t mean you get a free smack at me again.

It is sunny in my part of the world today, and I hope that it is in yours too:)

From Achmed and Me... Live Life!

No comments:

Post a Comment