Monday, June 8, 2009

Morning thoughts

What is the first thing that you think of in the morning when you wake up? That is the question that was put to me today in an email, and it made me think… Until I read that message, I don’t think I ever paid attention to what I thought in the morning after slamming my fist down on the alarm clock. Until a week ago, it was probably, “damn ( I use damn because this is a family friendly site), it’s 7:00 already… I need a coffee!” But the truth is I don’t know what it was.

I have an aunt who had breast cancer a few years ago, and when she woke up she thought, “I am a woman and I have breast cancer.” To be honest, I can’t even imagine how devastating that must have been. You can ask any girl I have ever dated in my entire life and they will all tell you, I am an ass man! To me breasts are just there, they are not really my focal point, but I guess when you are faced with losing a piece of you that you consider part of your identity, it makes you rethink the way you think! Breasts are part of her identity (I am going to burn in hell for talking like this about a family member) and walking is part of my identity, so is hearing, seeing and smiling and lately I have been thinking that Achmed has the potential to take some or all these things away from me and I haven’t even been paying attention to what I think in the morning.

My point is, I have been letting life slide by without paying attention, and I have always considered myself someone who embraces life and all it has to offer… I have even embraced a battle with my buddy Achmed, and I can tell you this for a fact, I am as surprised to be sharing all this stuff with the public as anyone who knows me is. Be all that as it may… I will be paying attention to what I am thinking when I wake up tomorrow and from now on… perhaps tomorrow it will breasts now that they are on my mind:)

From Achmed and Me… Live Life!

No comments:

Post a Comment