Tuesday, July 28, 2009

I Haven’t Forgotten My Purpose Here

It was brought to my attention today that I have kind of gotten away from what this blog was all about in the first place. I wasn’t actually going to write about my frat-boy weekend, because truthfully, that is not the way I generally behave. That certainly doesn’t mean that I wouldn’t do it again... maybe in another year or so, not anytime soon.

The fact is, I was encouraged to tell everyone about my weekend by the guys who were there as well as some close family and friends. The purpose was not to convince everyone that I thought I was indestructible, more to let people know that I am quite capable of living a normal, active life, even though I will spend the rest of it with a brain tumour. Also to make anyone reading this realize, just because you act like a child sometimes, does not mean that you are one. People’s personalities, desires and behaviours sometimes fluctuate based on events happening around them.

Sometimes people take themselves too seriously and don’t let their hair down... in the 4 Guys case, Jason is the only one who actually has enough hair to let down (although he has the most grey), so the rest of us have to compensate in other ways I guess. The KISS weekend was just an event in time where we all got to forget about life for a few days and enjoy the moment. For me, and for the other three guys, it was an unforgettable weekend where we all left our baggage home and put reality on hold for a few days. I think that everyone should try it once in a while... it is good for the soul. We all have real jobs and real lives; obviously we don’t all live like that every day.

So to get back to reality, I can tell you that between to screaming in my head and the pain in my jaw the past two days, my reality has smacked me in the face like a frying pan since I got back from my rock star lifestyle. I spent the majority of my Saturday riding around on my bike (yes, the motorized one) and stopping to smell the roses (or in this case, the ocean) once in a while. I was a nice day and more of the kind of reality break that I prefer for the most part... but I will still have another KISS weekend (hopefully a few) before I die!

I have a lot of paperwork, as far as my job goes, to keep me busy for the next few weeks (although, yes, I still have problems drifting off into ‘What if...’), then I get to go back to Halifax for a few days. I am not sure if my ban on Argyle St. will be lifted by then, but it doesn’t really matter... they will never recognize the real me anyway...lol.

My belief in life is about experiencing new and different things as much as you can. I may have gone a little overboard on the KISS weekend, but how are you going to learn new lessons if you don’t push your limits? I certainly don’t regret my four day of debauchery, but I also have no intention of doing it again anytime soon.

Perhaps the next time I see some fool acting like an idiot I won’t be so quick to judge that this is the way they are all the time. After all, not even I can be a saint EVERY day... anyway, tomorrow I will get on with Part 4... “The Foccacia Bread and the Stagette Party”.

From Achmed and Me... Live Life!

No comments:

Post a Comment