Thursday, July 16, 2009

Achmed's First Road Trip

Do you remember Christmas Eve when you were a child? The anticipation of what you were going to get and the excitement of Santa coming to visit your house; no to mention you were on holidays from school had you up all night. Well I have been looking forward to seeing KISS since I was a little boy and I think that last night was my Christmas Eve.

I first saw KISS on TV at my Uncle Don’s house when I was about 8 or 10 years old. All his kids were a lot older than I was and they were really into this KISS band with all their make-up and rock music and fires on the stage, etc… I am sure you all know what KISS is all about. Anyway, watching that concert on TV was all new to me and I thought, “I need to see this show in person.” That evening was probably partly responsible for my life-long fascination with live music. Another TV concert I saw there was The Bay City Rollers… fortunately that never deterred me from music!... Well here I am, about 30 years later, and I am heading to Detroit Rock City… well, Halifax actually.

This has been a pretty good week for me. I have basically had no headaches; I am sleeping better than I have in months; the weather has been beautiful; and I got a couple of nice rides in. If it weren’t for the ringing in my head, I wouldn’t even know Achmed was following me around. It is in stark contrast to last week, where I could hardly haul my ass out of bed on some days, due to the throbbing pain in my jaw. It seems that just like the fluctuations in my hearing, I have fluctuations in pain and discomfort levels in my head. That is really good when I am in a valley, but as Borat would say, when I am in a peak “It’s not good for me”.

So, in a couple of hours I am hitting the road and not taking my computer. Four guys sharing a hotel room and living like frat boys for a long weekend is just what the doctor ordered. Actually, the doctor didn’t order it at all, and I am not telling him I am doing it until after it is over… just in case he doesn’t approve.

I haven’t been keeping this blog as updated as I had planned, but when I am experiencing headaches I don’t feel like spending my time sitting at a desk, and when I feel great and it is nice out, I don’t feel like spending time at a desk either… except for work (don’t worry boss). Perhaps Monday night I may have a few stories to tell about Achmed’s first road trip… although I am not sure how much of it I will be able to put here…

I must go open my presents, in this case the envelope with the tickets in it, and catch my ride to the airport. I hope that you all have an excellent weekend, I know I will!

From Achmed and Me… Live Life!

1 comment:

  1. Good luck with KISS and the lower deck. I was just talking with Stoner. I hope you enjoy your night.

    ReplyDelete