Thursday, December 3, 2009

The Slow Deal to Heal...

If all of you know only one thing about me it is probably that I am a pretty active person. Between work, hockey, gym, guitar, seasonal activities and a social life, pretty much the only time I stop is to sleep.

Until a month ago, sleep was something that I did when I was either too tired to do anything else or I knew I had to squeeze in a few hours because tomorrow is going be a big day, it was my relaxation time. Over the past year or two I have learned that you need to make time for relaxing and quieting your mind and over the past month or so I have learned that you need to do the same thing for sleep.

I have been feeling pretty good over the last couple of weeks, particularly over the past few days. Everyday I feel stronger and healthier and closer to returning to myself. Everyday I am greeted with the renewed disappointment that I am only human and sleep is a requirement that is needed to live life. Everyday I feel like I discover all over again that I need 8 to 9 hours sleep just to function. Everyday I seem to find out for the first time again, just how mentally draining the simple task of reading is.

At times I feel like I could jump over the moon. I have been back to the gym for two weeks now and my routine is getting closer to where it was when I went to Winnipeg for the nuclear blast. I have played hockey for the past two Wednesdays, although not well and everyone is giving me a wide berth on the ice, but at least I am on skates again. Physically I feel like I am regaining my life to the point where it was before all this happened to me... mentally is a whole different issue.

I love to read for pleasure and I also do a lot of reading for work. Imagine how frustrating it is for me to realize that reading two pages of something that I am actually really interested in, is enough to put me to sleep. Because of the nature of my job, and the fact that I have been back in the office for a couple of weeks now, I seem to be getting more tired as time goes on instead of more energetic. People keep telling me to take my time and don’t push my recovery, and in general I agree with them, but they are thinking of the physical pressure I put on myself, not the mental. Physically I feel great and would recommend radiation surgery to everyone (ok, not really, but it is not as hard on your body as you might think), but my brain is tired. If I am not in bed asleep by 11:00, I am not able to get out of bed before 10:00 the next morning. That may not matter on a Friday or Saturday, but there are seven day in the week and for five of them I have to completely readjust my lifestyle... at least temporarily.

Some people may think, “you are getting old, time to slow down.” Well, to those of you who honestly believe that, I have one thing to say... Bite Me! If you are healthy, age is an attitude and once my head heals, I don’t plan on sleeping for ten or eleven hours every day.

Today I have to go see Dr. Batten for the first time since I got back from Winnipeg. The last time I saw him he told me I would be able to be right back to all of my usual activities a week after my surgery. I am thinking that neither he, nor any of his patients with this tumor, lives a very active lifestyle.

From Achmed and Me... Live Life!

2 comments:

  1. When reading for recreation try doing it aloud
    (or in a whisper). Try it for a paragraph or
    page anyway.
    ___________________________________

    Silent reading and reading aloud must make
    different demands on the brain... partly
    because the speech centers are involved in
    the latter.
    _________

    This suggestion is not as odd as it may
    sound. Actually this reading practice was
    quite common a century ago. And Abraham
    Lincoln did this also.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Most prostate cancers are adenocarcinomas, cancers that arise in glandular cells of the prostate’s epithelial tissue. Prostate cancers usually progress slowly and produce no symptoms in the initial stages. Eventually, the tumor may enlarge like mine use too, the prostate gland, pressing on the urethra and causing painful or frequent urination and blood in the urine. So I was so uncomfortable with this prostate cancer diseases then I decided to do online search on how to cure cancer because I well have read a lot about herbal medicine, I came across a lot of testimony how Dr Itua cure HIV/herpes then Cancer was listed below the comment.with courage I contacted Dr Itua and he sent me his herbal medicine through Courier service then I was asked to pick it up at my post office which i quickly did. I contacted Dr Itua that i have received my herbal medicine so he instructs me on how to drink it for three weeks and that is how Dr Itua Herbal Medicine cure my prostate Cancer, The treatment takes three weeks and I was cured completely. Dr Itua is a god sent and I thank him every day of my life. Contact him now On:Email:drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com/ Whatsapp:+2348149277967.
    He listed to that he can as well cure the following diseases below.... Cerebral Amides. Lung Cancer, Alzheimer's disease,Autism,measles, tetanus, whooping cough, tuberculosis, polio and diphtheria Adrenocortical carcinoma. Alma, Uterine Cancer, Breast Cancer, Allergic diseases. Kidney cancer, Love Spell, Glaucoma., Cataracts,Macular degeneration,Cardiovascular disease,Lung disease.Enlarged prostate,Osteoporosis.Alzheimer's disease,Brain Tumor,
    Dementia.Colo rectal cancer, Lottery Spell, Bladder Cancer, Skin Cancer,Ovarian Cancer,Pancreatic Cancer, HIV /Aids,Brain Tumor, Herpes, Non-Hodgkin lymphoma, Inflammatory bowel disease, Copd, Diabetes, Hepatitis

    ReplyDelete