Thursday, December 24, 2009

Merry Christmas

It has been a while since I was here so just so you know, I haven't been ignoring everyone, I have just been sleeping… kind of.


In the past three weeks I have had a successful check-up with General Batten and a lengthy conference call with Janis in Winnipeg, and by all accounts from the professionals, I am solidly on the road to recovery. By now, with the exception of the ringing in my ear and the fatigue (though nowhere near what it was a couple of months ago) I am pretty much symptom free… well, except for the hearing loss which has slightly rebounded from the October test but is still worse than it was in April.


The dizziness, loss of balance, numbness, jaw pain and headaches have all basically been irradiated! For me this is good… for Achmed, not so much:) I had every confidence that things would go this way, but I will admit that there were days when I was not so sure, and as positive as I have always stayed, there were certainly dark moments.


Health wise I am hoping that there won’t be too much new news over the next while. My next MRI is on April Fool’s Day… you can infer whatever you like from that. Maybe God has a sense of humour and thought that day would be fitting for me, someone who makes a joke out of pretty much everything.


I will finish the 4 Guys story and the Day of Infamy story, and let you know how my travel reimbursement from the province is going, and keep posting updates related to my progress, but they will be fewer than in the past. I have a new goal for the New Year and I will keep you all posted on the progress of that as well.


As I stated very early in my diagnosis, I am going to win and I am going to have a victory party when I do. Technically speaking, I have not been declared a survivor yet, and won’t be for another year, but as far as I am concerned, I am one now and I am putting my party plans in place. My victory party with also be the inaugural event for my new charitable fund to assist people who have to travel for medical treatment unavailable in their home province… So basically, you are all invited and you will all have to pay to get in. For those of you who are geographically challenged for attendance, we are hoping to have an online donation site set up so you can virtually attend… or at least give us your money:)


There are a lot of details to work out for this project, but based on the support I have been given over the past eight months, I have no doubt that this will be successful and be helping people in tough financial and medical positions in no time.


For now, I hope that you all have a wonderful Christmas and enjoy your family and friend time over the holiday season.


2010 is going to be the best year yet!


From Achmed and Me… Merry Christmas and Live Life!



No comments:

Post a Comment