Friday, September 11, 2009

Still Waiting For The Final-Final Word

Although I am a pretty patient person overall in life, I have no patience for moron drivers, slow walkers and waiting just because “That’s the way it is.”

Today I spent a fair chunk of my day trying to reach the receptionist at Dr. Batten’s office. I can respect that they are all busy there, but they let the phone ring for 7 and 8 minutes at a time before someone picks it up, and then they tell me to call back because the person I need to speak with is busy, or on a break, or gone to lunch, or not at her desk right now…. Whatever! I am really starting to get the feeling that the medical professionals in Newfoundland think that nobody, other then themselves, are busy people.

I realize that there are administrative things that have to be done to get a nuclear blast to the head, but I have been waiting for 11 days to hear when I am going to Winnipeg and today, after a number of attempts, I finally found out that my file has “been passed along” to the Winnipeg Marines and they will get back to me IF I am a candidate for the Gamma Knife. They will probably be in touch with me by the end of next week.

So far I have been told on three different medical visits that the Gamma Knife seems to be my best course of action, and the sooner the better, and now I am finding out from the people in Winterpeg that they will let me know, maybe next week, if I am eligible. I am not sure if you can tell from my written tone or not, but I am getting pretty pissed off with all this F@(%!^G waiting! Trying not to yell is probably going to mean the end of this particular keyboard!

So, after six months of testing, waiting, initial diagnosis, waiting, doctor’s holidays, waiting, final diagnosis, waiting and now while I am supposed to be planning a trip, I am still waiting. Really, why do we pay such outrageous tax dollars if the biggest part of our medical system is used up with waiting? And since I am bitching about our taxes, why then, do I have to come up with $2000 of my own money for this racket. I wonder if I can send them a bill for my waiting time and apply it against the money I need to spend?

OK, the Rick Mercer part of my update is finished now.

So, as Robbie Williams said in the song, “I sit and wait…” in the song, I believe he, or someone, dies and becomes an angel while they are waiting… good thing Achmed is benign.

Just another reason to enjoy the weekend coming up I guess.

From Achmed and Me… Live Life!

No comments:

Post a Comment